New app designed to make students some-more streetwise about their health
Credit: University of Bristol
A new app called ‘ESC Student’ will be launched during a Student Health Association Conference in Leeds currently [27 June] as partial of a wider debate to assistance urge tyro health and boost health education among immature people.
The app allows students and immature people to answer common questions about their health within seconds and though a need for an internet connection.
It was grown by gifted GP Dr Knut Schroeder together with a group of experts from a University of Bristol Students’ Health Service, 30 students and health professionals from a wider NHS.
Dr Schroeder came adult with a thought for ESC Student 3 years after students told him and colleagues that they frequently wish to demeanour adult health information though mostly don’t know that sources to trust.
He’s given worked with a group of experts and users to emanate a mobile app that gives students discerning and easy entrance to health information, assisting them to make sensitive preference about their health within seconds and also improving their wellbeing.
Dr Dominique Thompson, Director of a Students’ Health Service during a University of Bristol, said: “This app provides reliable, applicable health recommendation for immature adults who wish to demeanour after themselves and use medical services wisely.”
The app is approved by a NHS England Information Standard as a source of arguable health information.
It offers students information and soundness on health problems that students pronounced were quite applicable to them – from initial assist and emergencies to common ailments, mental health problems, earthy (body) symptoms, adore and sex, healthy living, transport health, ethanol and drugs, long-term health problems, staying protected during university and how to entrance health services.
Students in a UK and anywhere in a universe can find arguable health information on over 120 critical tyro health topics in plain language, accessible 24/7 and in sum privacy:
- Emergencies – training a law about life-threatening illnesses and how to give simple initial aid
- General ill health – rebellious nap problems, feeling stressed, and consistent fatigue
- Mental health – anticipating out what to do when feeling low or anxious, self-harming or disturbed about celebration too most alcohol
- Troubling health problems – what to do subsequent and when to see a pharmacist, helper or doctor
- Common ailments – removing to a bottom of headaches, anticipating out how to provide spots, and handling common aches and pains
- Useful links – removing quick entrance to hundreds of links to useful and arguable sources of serve information (to entrance these links, internet entrance will be required)
Explore further: New apparatus rates peculiarity of health apps
This entrance upheld by a Full-Text RSS use – if this is your calm and you’re reading it on someone else’s site, greatfully review a FAQ during fivefilters.org/content-only/faq.php#publishers.